Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

so, I get an eyeshadow and I stay with it for ages, had a hot pink for awhile, pink and orange and now im into browns light black eyeliner and Im into the thick black eyelashes. I have really light skin dark brown eyes and a medium brown shade of hair. I'm not afraid of change I just don't know what would work for me, would black and pink even be an option?? I'm just tired of having the same style for what seems like ages. Suggestions?



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

Okay, so it sounds like you just need a clue in on how to create diffrerent looks. First, invest in both a pencil black and a liquid black eyeliner. I personally find that some of the cheap 99 cent brands do the best like Wet n Wild or Jordana or even Nicka. NYX is good, too. The black and pink combo can work two ways. You can inkblot by surrounding your eyelids and lower lids with the pink then extend dramatically with the black from your eyebrow to your cheek bones, but use a brush so the black ends softly, just trickling to your highlights. Cleopatra also looks great too, you know? That's an easy angle of liquid liner, black powder lids, and pink all the way up to the brow. Some people use the makeup half and half horizontally on their lids, too for a punk rock thing. Honestly this is the day and agemof hypercolored pigments, so anything in the rainbow is open. Your best bet is a trip to CVS to pick up the brightest colors you can find. Have fun! The color wheel is your oyster!



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

yeah sure try a light pink eyeshadow with a dark black mascara and eyeliner. bye a "kit" with a bunch of differant colors of eyeshadow and try differant things.



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

Why not go to a store like K-Mart or Walmart or Target and grab yourself a whole bunch of cheap eyeshadows and then have some fun playing with all sorts of different colors? And I mean colors you may have never even thought of trying or even mixing different color combinations to create something totally new! I do it all the time and yes, some I just don't like but I've also been surprised to find that a color I never would have chosen turned out to be my favorite. You never know, you might find something you love.



Some of the very inexpensive brands to look for are:



Wet N Wild



N.Y.C.



Love My Eyes



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

I get blah like that sometimes, you just need inspiration. You would look great in a green pigment applied right on the eyelid over the eyeball.



Check out Sephora and look at some of their colors. If that doesn't work check out the more basic sites such as Almay and Milani.



If nothing helps get Your Makeup Looks DVD on Amazon, that's an amazing DVD.



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

Blue and green looks good on everyone. Why not go for frosted or metallic shades? I think it is really nice.



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

You could go the the mall and have one of the gals at Lancome or Clinique or any other counter do your eye makeup for you. They do this for free and if you like what they put on you can buy...I have tried many different types of eye shadow and liner this way...



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

try http:www.limecrime.net



makeup tutorials, give ya ideas on how things look.



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

i say you experiment and fine whats best for ya.



http://www.beautywhore.net/tutorials/... (this site gives AWESOME eye shawdow tutorials) its totally step by step so you can really follow em.



http://www.toxify.net/jezebella/... (click looks and pick the colors you want for your eyeshadow)



just experiement and youll find the right ones for ya.



I'm in an eyeshadow funk?

i have a similar hair colour etc to what you described - i change my eye shadow to match my outfits, my fav colours are deep purple, smoky, or soft pink.



i've even included my stages to creating smoky eyes (please ignore if you feel its not suitable for you)



when i go for smoky eyes i always follow these stages:



- black liquid eye liner (with small flicks at the end of my eyes)



- add a neutral colour all over lids



- next a soft pink colour (as its great with brown eyes) on to lids and just above the crease



- next a soft grey colour up to crease on lid and under eye (on outer edge only)



- next a black colour just along the outer edge of eye (both ontop and underneath) this should be just a thin line along your eye liner line (definitely not upto crease)



- finally add mascara



- for an extra sparkly touch add sparkle liner along the top of eye where you originally put your black eye liner. (u can get this online from avon (avon combo of sparkle clear liner and mascara) its great for xmas



hope that all made sense, if not post a note and ill try to make it clearer...definitely have a go tho coz you'll find you'll love it...i wear mine like this most weekends when I'm out...guarantee you'll get loads of comments asking how you did it so you can pass on this info too.

No comments:

Post a Comment